- John Norregaard, and Valerie Reppelin
- Published Date:
- March 2001
The Economic Issues Series
- Growth in East Asia: What We Can and What We Cannot Infer. Michael Sarel. 1996.
- Does the Exchange Rate Regime Matter for Inflation and Growth? Atish R. Ghosh, Anne-Marie Gulde, Jonathan D. Ostry, and Holger Wolf. 1996.
- Confronting Budget Deficits. 1996.
- Fiscal Reforms That Work. C. John McDermott and Robert F. Wescott. 1996.
- Transformations to Open Market Operations: Developing Economies and Emerging Markets. Stephen H. Axilrod. 1996.
- Why Worry About Corruption? Paolo Mauro. 1997.
- Sterilizing Capital Inflows. Jang-Yung Lee. 1997.
- Why Is China Growing So Fast? Zuliu Hu and Mohsin S. Khan. 1997.
- Protecting Bank Deposits. Gillian G. Garcia. 1997.
- Deindustrialization—Its Causes and Implications. Robert Rowthorn and Ramana Ramaswamy. 1997.
- Does Globalization Lower Wages and Export Jobs? Matthew J. Slaughter and Phillip Swagel. 1997.
- Roads to Nowhere: How Corruption in Public Investment Hurts Growth. Vito Tanzi and Hamid Davoodi. 1998.
- Fixed or Flexible? Getting the Exchange Rate Right in the 1990s. Francesco Caramazza and Jahangir Aziz. 1998.
- Lessons from Systemic Bank Restructuring. Claudia Dziobek and Ceyla Pazarbaşuiğlu. 1998.
- Inflation Targeting as a Framework for Monetary Policy. Guy Debelle, Paul Masson, Miguel Savastano, and Sunil Sharma. 1998.
- Should Equity Be a Goal of Economic Policy? IMF Fiscal Affairs Department. 1998.
- Liberalizing Capital Movements: Some Analytical Issues. Barry Eichengreen, Michael Mussa, Giovanni Dell’Ariccia, Enrica Detragiache, Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, and Andrew Tweedie. 1999.
- Privatization in Transition Countries: Lessons of the First Decade. Oleh Havrylyshyn and Donal McGettigan. 1999.
- Hedge Funds: What Do We Really Know? Barry Eichengreen and Donald Mathieson. 1999.
- Job Creation: Why Some Countries Do Better. Pietro Garibaldi and Paolo Mauro. 2000.
- Improving Governance and Fighting Corruption in the Baltic and CIS Countries: The Role of the IMF. Thomas Wolf and Emine Gürgen.
- The Challenge of Predicting Economic Crises. Andrew Berg and Catherine Pattillo. 2000.
- Promoting Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: Learning What Works. Anupam Basu, Evangelos A. Calamitsis, and Dhaneshwar Ghura. 2000.
- Full Dollarization: The Pros and Cons. Andrew Berg and Eduardo Borensztein. 2000.
- Controlling Pollution Using Taxes and Tradable Permits. John Norregaard and Valérie Reppelin-Hill. 2000.
John Norregaard is Deputy Division Chief in the Tax Coordination Division of the IMF’s Fiscal Affairs Department, and supervises the Department’s work on the environment. He holds a Cand.Polit.in economics and statistics from the University of Copenhagen.
Valérie Reppelin-Hill works at the Asian Development Bank. During research for this paper, she worked as a consultant in the environmental unit of the IMF’s Fiscal Affairs Department. She holds a Ph.D. in environmental economics from George Washington University.