- International Monetary Fund. African Dept.
- Published Date:
- October 2013
- Search Google Scholar
- Export Citation
Atingi-Ego, Michael,2006, “Budget Support, Aid Dependency, and Dutch Disease: The Case of Uganda,” paper prepared for the Practitioners’ Forum on Budget Support sponsored by the World Bank, Cape Town, South Africa.
Barro, Robert J., and Jong-WhaLee,2012, “A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950–2010,” Journal of Development Economics. Available at: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304387812000855.
Beck, Thorsten, SamuelMunzele Maimbo, IssaFaye, and ThourayaTriki,2011, Financing Africa Through the Crisis and Beyond (Washington: World Bank).
Bluedorn, John, RupaDuttagupta, JaimeGuajardo, and NkundeMwase,2013, “The Growth Comeback in Developing Economies: A New Hope or Back to the Future?” IMF Working Paper 13/132 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
Bond, Steve, AlsiLeblebicioglu, and FabioSchiantarelli,2010, “Capital Accumulation and Growth: A New Look at the Empirical Evidence,” Journal of Applied Economics, Vol. 25, pp. 1073-1099.
Bosworth, Barry, and SusanCollins,2002, “Economic Growth in East Asia: Accumulation Versus Assimilation” (Washington: Brookings Institution).
Celasun, Oya, and JanWalliser,2006, “Predictability of Budget Aid: Recent Experiences,” in Budget Support as More Effective Aid?ed. by StefanKoeberle, ZoranStavreski, and JanWalliser (Washington: World Bank).
Commission on Growth and Development, 2008, The Growth Report: Strategies for Sustained Growth and Inclusive Development (Washington: World Bank).
Dabla-Norris, Era, JimBrumby, AnnetteKyobe, ZacMills, and ChrisPapageorgiou,2011, “Investing in Public Investment: An Index of Public Investment Efficiency,” IMF Working Paper 11/37 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
Devarajan, Shantayanan and WolfgangFengler,2012, “Is Africa’s Recent Economic Growth Sustainable?” (Paris: Institut FranÇais des Relations Internationales).
Devarajan, Shantayanan and WolfgangFengler, DelfinGo, MarylaMaliszewska, IsraelOsoria-Rodarte, and HansTimmer,2013, “Stress Testing Africa’s Recent Growth and Poverty Performance,” Policy Research Working Paper 6517 (Washington: World Bank).
Devarajan, Shantayanan and WolfgangFengler, DelfinGo, MarylaMaliszewska, IsraelOsoria-Rodarte, and HansTimmer,2013, “Africa’s Statistical Tragedy,” Review of Income and Wealth, Vol. 59, pp. S9–S15.
Dinh, Hinh T., VincentPalmade, VandanaChandra, and FrancesCossar,2012, Light Manufacturing in Ethiopia: Targeted Policies to Enhance Private Investment and Create Jobs (Washington: World Bank).
Druilhe, Zoé, and JesúsBarreiro-Hurlé,2012, “Fertilizer Subsidies in Sub-Saharan Africa,” ESA Working Paper No. 12-04 (Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization).
Drummond, Paulo, and EstelleXue Liu(forthcoming), “Africa’s Rising Exposure to China: How Large Are Spillovers Through Trade?” IMF Working Paper (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
Economic Commission for Africa, 2004, “Minerals Cluster Policy Study in Africa” (Addis Ababa: Economic Commission for Africa).
Fox, Louise, ClearyHaines, Jorge HuertaMuñoz, and AlunThomas,2013, “Africa’s Got Work to Do—Employment Prospects in the New Century,” IMF Working Paper 13/201 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
Gollin, Douglas,2002, “Getting Income Shares Right,” Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 110, No. 2, pp. 458–474.
Heston, Alan, RobertSummers, and BettinaAten,2012, Penn World Table Version 7.1, Center for International Comparisons of Production, Income and Prices at the University of Pennsylvania. Available at: https://pwt.sas.upenn.edu/.
International Monetary Fund, 2008, Regional Economic Outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa (Washington, October).
International Monetary Fund, Board Paper, 2009, “Burkina Faso Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers” (Washington).
International Monetary Fund, 2011a, Regional Economic Outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa (Washington, October).
International Monetary Fund, 2011b, Regional Economic Outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa (Washington, April).
International Monetary Fund, 2011c, “Toward Operationalizing Macroprudential Policies: When to Act?” Global Financial Stability Report: Grappling With Crisis Legacies, World Economic and Financial Surveys (Washington, September), Chapter 3.
International Monetary Fund, 2011d, World Economic Outlook: Slowing Growth, Rising Risks, World Economic and Financial Surveys (Washington, September).
International Monetary Fund, 2012a, Regional Economic Outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa (Washington, October).
International Monetary Fund, 2012b, Regional Economic Outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa (Washington, April).
International Monetary Fund, 2012c, “2012 Nigeria Article IV Consultation Staff Report” (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
International Monetary Fund, 2013a, Regional Economic Outlook: Sub-Saharan Africa (Washington, April).
International Monetary Fund, 2013b, World Economic Outlook: Hopes, Realities, and Risks, World Economic and Financial Surveys (Washington, April).
International Monetary Fund, 2013c, World Economic Outlook: Transitions and Tensions, World Economic and Financial Surveys (Washington, October).
International Monetary Fund, Board Paper, 2013d, “Key Aspects of Macroprudential Policy” (Washington, June).
International Monetary Fund, Board Paper, 2013e, “The Liberalization and Management of Capital Flows: An Institutional View” (Washington, June).
International Monetary Fund, 2013f, “2013 Ghana Article IV Consultation Staff Report” (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
Jerven, Morton,2013, Poor Numbers: How We Are Mislead by African Development Statistics and What to Do About It (Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press).
Jones, Sam, and FinnTarp,2013, “Jobs and Welfare in Mozambique,” Background Paper for the World Development Report (Washington: World Bank).
Kaminski, Jonathan, DerekHeadey, and TanguyBernard,2011, “The Burkinabè Cotton Story 1992–2007: Sustainable Success or Sub-Saharan Mirage?” World Development, Vol. 39, Issue 8, pp. 1460–1475.
Kaufmann, Daniel, AartKraay, and MassimoMastruzzi,2010, “The Worldwide Governance Indicators: A Summary of Methodology, Data and Analytical Issues,” World Bank Policy Research Working Paper No. 5430. Available at: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1682130.
Koeberle, Stefan, JanWalliser, and ZoranStavreski,2006, Budget Support as More Effective Aid? Recent Experiences and Emerging Lessons (Washington: World Bank).
Leke, Acha, SusanLund, CharlesRoxburgh, and Arendvan Wamelen,2010, “What’s Driving Africa’s Growth,” McKinsey Quarterly, June.
Lundgren, Charlotte, AlunThomas, and RobertYork,2013, Boom, Bust, or Prosperity: Managing Sub-Saharan Africa’s Natural Resource Wealth (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
Nord, Roger, YuriSobolev, DavidDunn, AlejandroHajdenberg, NikoHobdari, SamarMaziad, and StéphaneRoudet,2009, Tanzania: The Story of an African Transition (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
Robinson, David, MatthewGaertner, and ChrisPapageorgiou,2011, “Tanzania: Growth Acceleration and Increased Public Spending with Macroeconomic Stability,” in Yes Africa Can, ed. by PunanChuhan-Pole and MankaAngwafo (Washington: World Bank), pp. 21–49.
Salinas, Gonzalo, CheikhGueye, and OlessiaKorbut,2011, “Growth in Africa Under Peace and Market Reforms,” IMF Working Paper 11/40 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
Sanga, Dimitri,2013, “The Challenges of the Narrative of African Countries’ Development: Data Demand and Supply Mismatches,” unpublished (Addis Ababa: United Nations Economic Commission for Africa).
Solow, Robert M.,1957, “Technical Change and the Aggregate Production Function,” The Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 312–320. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1926047.
Spielman, David, DawitKelemwork, and DawitAlemu,2011, “Seed, Fertilizer, and Agricultural Extension in Ethiopia” (Washington: International Food Policy Research Institute).
Ter-Minassian, Teresa, RichardHughes, and AlejandroHajdenberg,2008, “Creating Sustainable Fiscal Space for Infrastructure: The Case of Tanzania,” Working Paper 08/256 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
World Bank, 2011, Yes Africa Can: Success Stories from a Dynamic Continent (Washington: World Bank).
World Bank, 2013, Doing Business (Washington: World Bank).
Young, Alwyn,2012, “The African Growth Miracle,” NBER Working Paper No. 18490 (Cambridge, MA: National Bureau of Economic Research). Available at: http://www.nber.org/papers/w18490.
Publications of the IMF African Department, 2009–13
Books and Monographs
- Boom, Bust, or Prosperity? Managing Sub-Saharan
- Africa’s Natural Resource Wealth
- Lundgren, Charlotte J., Alun H. Thomas, and Robert C. York
- Oil Wealth in Central Africa: Policies for Inclusive Growth
- Coorey, Sharmini, and Bernardin Akitoby
- The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Sub-Saharan Africa
- African Department
- Tanzania: The Story of an African Transition
- Nord, Roger, Yuri Sobolev, David Dunn, Alejandro
- Hajdenberg, Niko Hobdari, Samar Maziad, and Stéphane Roudet
- Banking in Sub-Saharan Africa The Macroeconomic Context
- Mlachila, Montfort, Seok Gil Park, and Masafumi Yabara
- Energy Subsidy Reform in Sub-Saharan Africa: Experiences and Lessons
- Alleyne, Trevor
- Restoring Sustainability in a Changing Global Environment: Options for Swaziland
- Basdevant, Olivier, Emily Forrest, and Borislava Mircheva
- Macroeconomic Vulnerabilities Stemming from the Global Economic Crisis: The Case of Swaziland
- Basdevant, Olivier, Chikako Baba, and Borislava Mircheva
- What Do Fast Job Creators Look Like? Some Stylized Facts and Perspectives on South Africa
- Zhan, Zaijin
- South Africa: Macro Policy Mix and Its Effects on Growth and the Real Exchange Rate—Empirical Evidence and GIMF Simulations
- Canales-Kriljenko, Jorge Iván
- Measuring the Potential Output of South Africa
- Klein, Nir
- In the Wake of the Global Economic Crisis: Adjusting to Lower Revenue of the Southern African Customs Union in Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, and Swaziland
- Mongardini, Joannes, Dalmacio Benicio, Thomson Fontaine, Gonzalo C. Pastor, and Geneviève Verdier
- Zimbabwe: Challenges and Policy Options after Hyperinflation
- Kramarenko, Vitaliy, Lars H. Engstrom,
- Geneviève Verdier, Gilda Fernandez, Stefan E. Oppers, Richard Hughes, James McHugh, and Warren L. Coats
- Expenditure Composition and Economic Developments in Benin
- Pani, Marco, and Mohamed El Harrak
- Wage Policy and Fiscal Sustainability in Benin
- Lundgren, Charlotte J.
- The Global Financial Crisis and Adjustments to Shocks in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda: A Balance Sheet Analysis Perspective
- Masha, Iyabo
- Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Exchange Rates and Policies in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Ben Ltaifa, Nabil, Stella Kaendera, and Shiv Dixit
- Spillover Effects and the East African Community: Explaining the Slowdown and the Recovery
- Drummond, Paulo, and Gustavo Ramirez
- Foreign Exchange Reserve Adequacy in East African Community Countries
- Drummond, Paulo, Aristide Mrema, Stéphane Roudet, and Mika Saito
Staff Discussion Notes
- Economic Diversification in LICs: Stylized Facts and Macroeconomic Implications
- Papageorgiou, Chris, and Nicola Spatafora
Staff Position Notes
- The International Financial Crisis and Global Recession: Impact on the CEMAC Region and Policy Considerations
- Wakeman-Linn, John, Rafael A. Portillo, Plamen Iossifov, and Dimitre Milkov
- The Global Financial Crisis: Impact on WAEMU Member Countries and Policy Options
- Mueller, Johannes, Irene Yackovlev, and Hans Weisfeld
- The Southern African Development Community’s Macroeconomic Convergence Program: Initial Performance
- Burgess, Robert
- Fiscal Policy in Sub-Saharan Africa in Response to the Impact of the Global Crisis
- Berg, Andrew, Norbert Funke, Alejandro Hajdenberg, Victor Duarte Lledo, Rolando Ossowski, Martin Schindler, Antonio Spilimbergo, Shamsuddin Tareq, and Irene Yackovlev
- Africa’s Got Work to Do: Employment Prospects in the New Century
- Fox, Louise, Cleary Haines, Jorge Huerta Muñoz, and Alun Thomas
- Resource Dependence and Fiscal Effort in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Thomas, Alun, and Juan P. Treviño
- Benchmarking Structural Transformation Across the World
- Dabla-Norris, Era, Alun H. Thomas,
- Rodrigo Garcia-Verdu, and Yingyuan Chen
- Tax Administration Reform in the Francophone Countries of Sub-Saharan Africa
- Fossat, Patrick, and Michel Bua
- Financial Depth in the WAEMU: Benchmarking Against Frontier SSA Countries
- Ahokpossi, Calixte, Kareem Ismail, Sudipto Karmakar, and Mesmin Koulet-Vickot
- Investing Volatile Oil Revenues in Capital-Scarce Economies: An Application to Angola
- Richmond, Christine, Irene Yackovlev, and Shu-Chun Yang
- Fiscal Sustainability, Public Investment, and Growth in Natural Resource-Rich, Low-Income Countries: The Case of Cameroon
- Samaké, Issouf, Priscilla Muthoora, and Bruno Versailles
- Inclusive Growth: An Application of the Social Opportunity Function to Selected African Countries
- Adedeji, Olumuyiwa, Huancheng Du, and Maxwell Opoku-Afari
- Inclusive Growth and the Incidence of Fiscal Policy in Mauritius — Much Progress, But More Could be Done
- David, Antonio, and Martin Petri
- The Quality of the Recent High-Growth Episode in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Mlachila, Montfort, and Marcelo Martinez
- Benchmarking Banking Sector Efficiency Across Regional Blocks in Sub-Saharan Africa: What Room for Policy?
- Boutin-Dufresne, Francois, Santiago Peña, Oral Williams, and Tomasz A. Zawisza
- Monetary Transmission Mechanism in the East African Community: An Empirical Investigation
- Davoodi, Hamid, Shiv Dixit, and Gabor Pinter
- Determinants of Bank Interest Margins in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Ahokpossi, Calixte
- Exchange Rate Liberalization in Selected Sub-Saharan African Countries: Successes, Failures, and Lessons
- Mæhle, Nils, Haimanot Teferra, and Armine Khachatryan
- Inward and Outward Spillovers in the SACU Area
- Canales-Kriljenko, Jorge Iván, Farayi Gwenhamo, and Saji Thomas
- Bond Markets in Africa
- Mu, Yibin, Peter Phelps, and Janet Stotsky
- Inequalities and Growth in the Southern African Customs Union (SACU) Region
- Basdevant, Olivier, Dalmacio Benicio, and Yorbol Yakhshilikov
- Striking an Appropriate Balance Among Public Investment, Growth, and Debt Sustainability in Cape Verde
- Mu, Yibin
- The East African Community: Prospects for Sustained Growth
- McAuliffe, Catherine, Sweta Saxena, and Masafumi Yabara
- Financing Growth in the WAEMU through the Regional Securities Market: Past Successes and Current Challenges
- Diouf, Mame Astou, and Francois Boutin-Dufresne
- Exchange Rate and Foreign Interest Rate Linkages for Sub-Saharan Africa Floaters
- Thomas, Alun
- A Financial Conditions Index for South Africa
- Gumata, Nombulelo, Nir Klein, and Eliphas Ndou
- Estimating the Implicit Inflation Target of the South African Reserve Bank
- Klein, Nir
- Monetization in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
- McLoughlin, Cameron, and Noriaki Kinoshita
- The Relationship between the Foreign Exchange Regime and Macroeconomic Performance in Eastern Africa
- Stotsky, Janet Gale, Manuk Ghazanchyan, Olumuyiwa Adedeji, and Nils O. Maehle
- Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Sub-Saharan African Economies and its Determinants
- Razafimahefa, Ivohasina Fizara
- Welfare Effects of Monetary Integration: The Common Monetary Area and Beyond
- Asonuma, Tamon, Xavier Debrun, and Paul R. Masson
- As You Sow So Shall You Reap: Public Investment Surges, Growth, and Debt Sustainability in Togo
- Andrle, Michal, Antonio David, Raphael A. Espinoza, Marshall Mills, and Luis-Felipe Zanna
- Tracking Short-Term Dynamics of Economic Activity in Low-Income Countries in the Absence of High-Frequency GDP Data
- Opoku-Afari, Maxwell, and Shiv Dixit
- Mobilizing Revenue in Sub-Saharan Africa: Empirical Norms and Key Determinants
- Drummond, Paulo, Wendell Daal, Nandini Srivastava, and Luiz E. Oliveira
- Monetary Policy in Low-Income Countries in the Face of the Global Crisis: The Case of Zambia
- Baldini, Alfredo, Jaromir Benes, Andrew Berg, Mai Dao, and Rafael Portillo
- Fiscal Policies and Rules in the Face of Revenue Volatility Within Southern Africa Customs Union Countries (SACU)
- Basdevant, Olivier
- Real Wage, Labor Productivity, and Employment Trends in South Africa: A Closer Look
- Klein, Nir
- Exchange Rate Volatility Under Peg: Do Trade Patterns Matter?
- Lonkeng Ngouana, Constant
- Assessing Bank Competition within the East African Community
- Sanya, Sarah, and Matthew Gaertner
- Prudential Liquidity Regulation in Developing Countries: A Case Study of Rwanda
- Sanya, Sarah, Wayne Mitchell, and Angelique Kantengwa
- Capital Market Integration: Progress Ahead of the East African Community Monetary Union
- Yabara, Masafumi
- International Reserves in Low-Income Countries: Have They Served as Buffers?
- Cripolti, Valerio, and George Tsibouris
- Inflation Differentials in the GCC: Does the Oil Cycle Matter?
- Mohaddes, Kamiar, and Oral Williams
- Effectiveness of Capital Controls in Selected Emerging Markets in the 2000s
- Baba, Chikako, and Annamaria Kokenyne
- How Costly Are Debt Crises?
- Furceri, Davide, and Aleksandra Zdzienicka
- Monetary Policy Transmission in Ghana: Does the Interest Rate Channel Work?
- Kovanen, Arto
- Does Money Matter for Inflation in Ghana?
- Kovanen, Arto
- On the Stability of Monetary Demand in Ghana: A Bounds Testing Approach
- Dagher, Jihad, and Arto Kovanen
- Oil-Price Boom and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation: Is There Dutch Disease in the CEMAC?
- Treviño, Juan Pedro
- The Design of Fiscal Adjustment Strategies in Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, and Swaziland
- Basdevant, Olivier, Dalmacio Benicio, Borislava Mircheva, Joannes Mongardini, Geneviève Verdier, Susan Yang, and Luis-Felipe Zanna
- Do Remittances Reduce Aid Dependency?
- Kpodar, Kangni, and Maelan Le Goff
- Determinants of Non-oil Growth in the CFA-Zone Oil Producing Countries: How Do They Differ?
- Tabova, Alexandra, and Carol L. Baker
- Inflation Dynamics in the CEMAC Region
- Caceres, Carlos, Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro, and Darlena Tartari
- External Sustainability of Oil-Producing Sub-Saharan African Countries
- Takebe, Misa, and Robert C. York
- The Cyclicality of Fiscal Policies in the CEMAC Region
- Mpatswe, Gaston K., Sampawende J. Tapsoba, and Robert C. York
- South Africa: The Cyclical Behavior of the Markups and Its Implications for Monetary Policy
- Klein, Nir
- Burkina Faso—Policies to Protect the Poor from the Impact of Food and Energy Price Increases
- Arze del Granado, Javier, and Isabell Adenauer
- De Jure versus De Facto Exchange Rate Regimes in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Slavov, Slavi T.
- Financial Deepening, Property Rights and Poverty: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
- Singh, Raju Jan, and Yifei Huang
- FDI from BRICs to LICs: Emerging Growth Driver?
- Mlachila, Montfort, and Misa Takebe
- Determinants of Interest Rate Pass-Through: Do Macroeconomic Conditions and Financial Market Structure Matter?
- Gigineishvili, Nikoloz
- The Quest for Higher Growth in the WAEMU Region: The Role of Accelerations and Decelerations
- Kinda, Tidiane, and Montfort Mlachila
- Fiscal Policy Implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Lledo, Victor Duarte, and Marcos Poplawski Ribeiro
- Post-Conflict Recovery: Institutions, Aid, or Luck?
- David, Antonio, Fabiano Rodrigues Bastos, and Marshall Mills
- Ghana: Will It Be Gifted, or Will It Be Cursed?
- Aydin, Burcu
- Oil Spill(over)s: Linkages in Petroleum Product Pricing Policies in West African Countries
- David, Antonio, Mohamed El Harrak, Marshall Mills, and Lorraine Ocampos
- Feeling the Elephant’s Weight: The Impact of Côte d’Ivoire’s Crisis on WAEMU Trade
- Egoumé-Bossogo, Philippe, and Ankouvi Nayo
- ICT, Financial Inclusion, and Growth Evidence from African Countries
- Andrianaivo, Mihasonirina, and Kangni Kpodar
- Fiscal Sustainability and the Fiscal Reaction Function for South Africa
- Burger, Philippe, Alfredo Cuevas, Ian Stuart, and Charl Jooste
- Reviving the Competitive Storage Model: A Holistic Approach to Food Commodity Prices
- Miao, Yanliang, Weifeng Wu, and Norbert Funke
- Inflation Uncertainty and Relative Price Variability in WAEMU
- Fernandez Valdovinos, Carlos, and Kerstin Gerling
- Modeling Inflation in Chad
- Kinda, Tidiane
- Fiscal Expectations under the Stability and Growth Pact: Evidence from Survey Data
- Poplawski-Ribeiro, Marcos, and Jan-Christoph Rulke
- Growth in Africa under Peace and Market Reforms
- Korbut, Olessia, Gonzalo Salinas, and Cheikh A. Gueye
- Feeling the Elephant’s Weight: The Impact of Côte d’Ivoire’s Crisis on WAEMU Trade
- Egoumé-Bossogo, Philippe, and Nayo Ankouvi
- Capital Flows, Exchange Rate Flexibility, and the Real Exchange Rate
- Kinda, Tidiane, Jean-Louis Combes, and Patrick Plane
- Weathering the Global Storm: The Benefits of Monetary Policy Reform in the LA5 Countries
- Canales-Kriljenko, Jorge Iván, Luis Ignacio Jácome, Ali Alichi, and Ivan Luis de Oliveira Lima
- Export Tax and Pricing Power: Two Hypotheses on the Cocoa Market in Côte d’Ivoire
- Kireyev, Alexei
- What Can International Cricket Teach Us About the Role of Luck in Labor Markets?
- Aiyar, Shekhar, and Rodney Ramcharan
- Performance of Fiscal Accounts in South Africa in a Cross-Country Setting
- Aydin, Burcu
- Cyclicality of Revenue and Structural Balances in South Africa
- Aydin, Burcu
- Mother, Can I Trust the Government? Sustained Financial Deepening—A Political Institutions View
- Quintyn, Marc, and Geneviève Verdier
- Islamic Banking: How Has It Diffused?
- Imam, Patrick A., and Kangni Kpodar
- A Macro Model of the Credit Channel in a Currency Union Member: The Case of Benin
- Samaké, Issouf
- How Do International Financial Flows to Developing Countries Respond to Natural Disasters?
- David, Antonio
- Exchange Rate Assessment for Sub-Saharan Economies
- Aydin, Burcu
- Balance Sheet Vulnerabilities of Mauritius during a Decade of Shocks
- Imam, Patrick A., and Rainer Koehler
- Beyond Aid: How Much Should African Countries Pay to Borrow?
- Gueye, Cheikh A., and Amadou N.R. Sy
- Banking Efficiency and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Kablan, Sandrine
- FDI Flows to Low-Income Countries: Global Drivers and Growth Implications
- Dabla-Norris, Era, Jiro Honda, Amina Lahrèche-Révil, and Geneviève Verdier
- The Linkage between the Oil and Nonoil Sectors—A Panel VAR Approach
- Klein, Nir
- Short- versus Long-Term Credit and Economic Performance: Evidence from the WAEMU
- Kpodar, Kangni, and Kodzo Gbenyo
- Budget Institutions and Fiscal Performance in Low-Income Countries
- Dabla-Norris, Era, Richard Allen, Luis-Felipe Zanna, Tej Prakash, Eteri Kvintradze, Victor Duarte Lledo, Irene Yackovlev, and Sophia Gollwitzer
- ICT Equipment Investment and Growth in Low- and Lower-Middle-Income Countries
- Haacker, Markus
- The Real Exchange Rate and Growth Revisited: The Washington Consensus Strikes Back?
- Berg, Andrew, and Yanliang Miao
- Firm Productivity, Innovation, and Financial Development
- Dabla-Norris, Era, Eramus Kersting, and Geneviève Verdier
- Cyclical Patterns of Government Expenditures in Sub-Saharan Africa: Facts and Factors
- Lledo, Victor, Irene Yackovlev, and Lucie Gadenne
- A Framework to Assess the Effectiveness of IMF Technical Assistance in National Accounts
- Pastor, Gonzalo C.
- Improving Surveillance Across the CEMAC Region
- Iossifov, Plamen, Noriaki Kinoshita, Misa Takebe, Robert C. York, and Zaijin Zhan
- A Rule Based Medium-Term Fiscal Policy Framework for Tanzania
- Kim, Daehaeng, and Mika Saito
- Analyzing Fiscal Space Using the MAMS Model: An Application to Burkina Faso
- Gottschalk, Jan, Vu Manh Le, Hans Lofgren, and Kofi Nouve
- Determinants and Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Singh, Raju Jan, Markus Haacker, and Kyung-woo Lee
- São Tomé and Príncipe: Domestic Tax System and Tax Revenue Potential
- Farhan, Nisreen
- The Gambia: Demand for Broad Money and Implications for Monetary Policy Conduct
- Sriram, Subramanian S.
- Understanding the Growth of African Markets
- Yartey, Charles Amo, and Mihasonirina Andrianaivo
- Credit Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa—Sources, Risks, and Policy Responses
- Iossifov, Plamen, and May Y. Khamis
- Spillovers from the Rest of the World into Sub-Saharan African Countries
- Drummond, Paulo, Flavio Nacif, and Gustavo Ramirez
- In Search of Successful Inflation Targeting: Evidence from an Inflation Targeting Index
- Miao, Yanliang
- Introducing the Euro as Legal Tender—Benefits and Costs of Eurorization for Cape Verde
- Imam, Patrick A.
- The Macroeconomics of Scaling Up Aid: The Gleneagles Initiative for Benin
- Mongardini, Joannes, and Issouf Samaké
- Sub-Saharan Africa’s Integration in the Global Financial Markets
- Deléchat, Corinne, Gustavo Ramirez, Smita Wagh, and John Wakeman-Linn
- Financial Deepening in the CFA Franc Zone: The Role of Institutions
- Singh, Raju, Kangni Kpodar, and Dhaneshwar Ghura
- Madagascar: A Competitiveness and Exchange Rate Assessment
- Eyraud, Luc
- Understanding Inflation Inertia in Angola
- Klein, Nir, and Alexander Kyei
- Grants, Remittances, and the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate in Sub-Saharan African Countries
- Mongardini, Joannes, and Brett Rayner
- Dedollarization in Liberia—Lessons from Cross-Country Experience
- Erasmus, Lodewyk, Jules Leichter, and Jeta Menkulasi
- The Macroeconomic Impact of Scaled-Up Aid: The Case of Niger
- Farah, Abdikarim, Emilio Sacerdoti, and Gonzalo Salinas
- The Value of Institutions for Financial Markets: Evidence from Emerging Markets
- Akitoby, Bernardin, and Thomas Stratmann
- Why Isn’t South Africa Growing Faster? A Comparative Approach
- Eyraud, Luc
- The Determinants of Commercial Bank Profitability in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Flamini, Valentina, Calvin A. McDonald, and Liliane Schumacher
- Bank Efficiency in Sub-Saharan African Middle-Income Countries
- Chen, Chuling
- How Can Burundi Raise its Growth Rate? The Impact of Civil Conflicts and State Intervention on Burundi’s Growth Performance
- Basdevant, Olivier